Friday, February 5, 2010

A Wine-Filled Honeymoon

Obviously it's been a while since I've posted (over two weeks, in fact), but I'm not going to apologize this time around! My new hubby and I got back from our honeymoon in Colorado on Monday, and we've been getting our house set up since then. Today is my first day back to work in a couple of weeks, and I finally have full internet access again...Two weeks is a significantly long web hiatus for me!

Anyway, we had an amazing time in Colorado, and it turned out to be a relaxing and much-needed vacation for both of us. You just can't beat eight days of a private hot tub and a breakfast of fresh fruit and crescents delivered to our room each morning (through a window in the wall, nonetheless!). We were sad to leave our cozy room at the Hotel Chateau Chamonix behind, but I don't think we'll miss the crazy altitude changes anytime soon!

Since I last posted, I've sampled several different wines, and a pretty wide array of them at that. According to the best of my memory, here is a list of them:

Wines From Personal Collection:
--2009 Yellow Tail Riesling (Australia)
--2008 La Vieille Ferme Récolte Rose Wine (France, AOC Côtes du Ventoux)
--2007 Hayes Ranch "In the Saddle" Cabernet Sauvignon (California)

Wines From Honeymoon:
--[Bodegas?] Borsao Red Wine (Spain)
--Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon (California)
--Sutter Home White Zinfandel (California)
--Unidentified White Wine (Received upon check-in at hotel)
--Unidentified Red Wine (Drank with dinner on Two Below Dinner Sleigh Rides in Frisco, CO)

Wines From Tasting at Canyon Wind Wine Cellars in Georgetown, Colorado:
--Merlot
--Syrah
--Petit Verdot
--Tempranillo**
--Desert Rosé**
**Added to Personal Collection

I'll try to describe each of them for you in as much detail as possible in separate posts, so keep reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment