Thursday, March 25, 2010

2007 Pink Truck, $11

It's been a while since I've had a chance to post a wine review, mainly due to the fact that my husband and I are in the process of trying to buy a house. If you've ever been through that maze, you know how much time is involved in the process, and how stressful it is. It's a good thing that I have a decent wine supply on hand, because it's really nice to have a glass at the end of those especially hectic days!

With that out of the way, I thought I would tell you about the first wine I've bought on recommendation from a friend/family member, a blush/rosé known aptly as Pink Truck. It's an off-dry (slightly sweet), pinkish-rose-red light-bodied wine from Red Truck Winery of California. I purchased it last month on Wine.com for $11.

It gives off aromas of strawberry, raspberry, orange, white grape, and, of course, alcohol. The same notes are found o nthe palate, with an acidic "bite" at the forefront that gradually resides into pleasant fruit flavors. The finish is decent, but somewhat weak.

This wine has fairly good balance, although I would have liked for it to have had just a bit more sweetness (or a little less acidity)--but then again, it's called an off-dry wine for a reason! The fruit flavors are delicate, but harmonious.

Although I prefer the Canyon Wind Desert Rosé over this bottle, it's still a nice, straightforward rose wine. My mom, whom I shared the second half of the bottle with, really loved this one. It definitely has an undeniably universal appeal, and who wouldn't love its creative and nostalgic label?!

My Grade: ++

No comments:

Post a Comment